Up to this point my blog hasn't really had a focus other than my life and whatever shenanigans my occur it in. However, I would really like to find a niche to focus on. The best way to find niche is starting with what you are passionate and working from there. Well after some thinking and watching the movie "Julie and Julia" something click for an idea. For those of you that don't know, "Julie and Julia" is a movie about a woman for cooks through an entire cookbook of her idol chief and blogs about her experience. The manner in which the idea for my blog niche came to me is ironic as you may see after reading this blog.
As a kid, we all collect things that mean something to us. For some of us its hot wheel toy cars, others its cute figurines, but for me its movie ticket stubs. When I was little I had hopes of being a movie critic. Now I look back and laugh because what kind of family supporting career can you have as being just an movie critic? Haha...oh well i was just a kid with a dream. Anywho...I started collecting movie ticket stubs when I was thirteen. The first ticket stub I kept was for Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks' movie "You've Got Mail." What a cute movie right lol. You may be thinking how do you remember that from forever ago? Well it happen to be the first movie that I attended with my best friend without parental supervision. Hey at thirteen that means alot to you haha. I kept my ticket from that movie as it reminded me of that first step of freedom I felt from the experience.
Eight years later, at age 21, I am still collecting stubs. Last time I counted I had around 300 stubs or so. It would be interesting to see what the new count is. In the beginning, I use to write on the back of the stub who I went with or what I thought of the movie, but I guess I have gotten lazy because I haven't done that in a while. I have a special box I put them in. Throughout the years I have had to change the box a couple of times to make them all fit (eight years of movies almost one a weekend is alot of ticket stubs haha...). I am guessing in few years I will have to upgrade to a shoe box.
As for my new niche for this blog, I am going to live out my little girl fantasy and become somewhat of a part-time movie critic for you all.
For next week's post, I think I will do a little homework for you. Along with a movie review, I will get some pictures of the collection and maybe even see what the new count is on the stubs.
No comments:
Post a Comment