Diabetes runs in my family. Just last year about this time, my grandpa past away from serve case of type II Diabetes. After that my two uncles tested positive for diabetes. Luckily, though my mom still is free of the illness. Once my mom tested negative she made a vow to start cleaning up her life and living healthy again. Which means she has also been on me to start living healthy again as well. I am not gonna lie, I'm not a big fan of the gym. In high school I worked out for a while for softball training, but never found motivation to do more than that. However, to please my mom and put her worries at ease of losing another family member to diabetes, I started going back to the gym this semester. It has only been a week so far, but it hasn't been that bad. My roommates have been coming along with me which has kept up the motivation for going. Who knows after a couple weeks of working out, I might start enjoying it.
I decided to use the community center for my work out destination. I felt like it had alot more to offer than the gym on campus. A month membership is only $30. They have nice clean equipment and offer various exercise classes throughout the day. They have a few basketball courts and a decent weight room, plus a smoothie bar to replish your energy after a hard exercise session. If you are feeling like you need to work out the stress from your day come down to the community center and check it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment